1. Name / occupation / location:
Robin Mellway/Biologist/Vancouver, Canada.
2. How long have you been doing what you’re doing?
I have been taking pictures for about 20 years.
3. What was your last ‘day’ job (or what is your current day job)?
I am a postdoc in a lab at a university.
4. Favorite writer / artist / photographer?
I am reading a series by Tad Williams at the moment, so he is my favorite writer right now. I’ll say my favorite artist is Jeannie Lynn Paske, and my favorite photographer is Wynn Bullock.
5. Who or what inspires you to create?
Nature and wildness.
6. Describe your last DIY project:
I spent much of my free time last year filming in the mountains of British Columbia and Washington with a super 8 camera.
7. Decade you wish you could visit?
the 80′s… I was too young to properly enjoy it the first time.
8. A place you’ve visited that was almost too beautiful to capture?
The north… Alaska, the Yukon, northern Scandinavia etc… pictures and film can never capture the amazing north country.
9. Describe your pre-work ritual:
Usually hiking for miles up a mountain, along a windswept beach, or through a dripping rain forest.
10. An image you’ve created that is nearest and dearest to you:
This film: https://vimeo.com/44073212. These images were captured during many trips up and down the west coast of North America. Many adventures and great memories behind each shot.
11. Something you care deeply about:
A better future.
12. Current project you are working on:
My next film…
13. Goal for the future:
I hope that one day I will find myself in a state of peace and happiness.
Looking at these photographs make me want to travel to far away places. You can view more of Robin’s dreamy landscapes on his flickr stream and his vimeo channel~!!